Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Saturday, May 13, 2017

God Above All


"From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me, says the Lord."  -Isaiah 66:23




The new moon is the phase when we can't see the moon because of the alignment of the earth and the sun with the moon.  In the Isaiah passage the phrase "New Moon to another" is meant to indicate "absolute continuance without an interval."  So when I saw the photo I took recently of the full moon I couldn't help but notice it had to compete with all the street lights.  This is what we need to be careful about when we worship God--that we do not let the things of the earth interfere or take precedence.

I am grateful that I can travel to new places and enjoy the many offerings the earth has to give, but I must always remember who the Giver is.

No comments:

Post a Comment