Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Monday, June 19, 2017

Living Without Fear


"When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats.  Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly."  1 Peter 2:23


A few weeks ago I saw a male and female Cardinal fly out of the arbor supporting my climbing rose.  Sure enough they'd built a nest!  Every morning I'd walk through this arbor talking to Gabriel, my dog.  Then I would remember about the nest and wondered if my chatter caused them to abandon the nest because I'd not seen any activity around it since that first encounter.  This morning I remembered to be quiet.  I had my camera with me so I decided to take a photo of the nest to illustrate a point sometime in the future when suddenly I was startled by the momma-to-be fleeing her nest!  It was then I realized all my chatter and movement under her nest had not disturbed her.  It was my standing there for a prolonged time that she began to feel threatened.

When Jesus was threatened he did not flee or retaliate.  Instead he committed himself to God who judges justly.  Unlike the bird that assumed I was a threat and fled, Jesus had confidence in his Father to take care of him.  When Jesus cried out from the cross, "Why have you forsaken me?" he was taking on the sins of the world.  It was only in that moment that he felt abandoned because God was judging the sins he had taken on.  Once that was accomplished he breathed his last breath uttering, "It is finished."  He was now safely home with the Father.

I am grateful that Jesus made it possible for me to live without fear as I trust Him to work all things for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment