Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, June 15, 2017

Renewing of Your Mind


"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship.  Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will."  -Romans 12:1-2



The tree that is casting this shadow across Emily Dickinson's garden cannot be seen in this photo.  When Paul talks about the "pattern of this world" he's talking about the shadows that the world casts and how we conform to them without realizing it.  All we see is the shadow and we think that is the way things are.  Instead, we are to see things not as they are in the world but rather as the Spirit sees.  When we are transformed we begin to think as He thinks, and we will see things differently.

Lilias Trotter expounds upon this when she writes:  "God has opened up to me a whole new area that has to be 'subdued unto Himself'--the whole region of natural temperament that lies at the back of the self-life in man and needs to be transformed by the renewing of our mind.  Translated that does not mean annihilated, but transformed by a new mind and body.  He can take that very susceptibleness that has been a snare and make it into a means of contact with Himself."

I am grateful that in offering my whole being to God that He is able to renew my mind in Him through my willingness to be made new.

2 comments:

  1. The snare of the flesh.. and patterns of the world dissolve when, yes, we are witness to the Holy Ghost, the power of transformation Jesus went through. on the cross when he died for our sins... so we could" Be ye transformed" command... by that renewing of our minds... opening to God's mind.. his way, his will not our own.
    I realize how spoiled in my life I have been.. given so much, and even though I had to work for it.. still given so much to work with with my grandma and grandpa teaching me from day one to love God.. to follow by giving out to others.l food, and love or just listening to them. My grandpa was not a rich man in money ..a railroad crane driveer. But on pay day. I remember it well even though I was tiny.. six seven bags of food in their kitchen. with butter, milk, eggs and mean and one gold piece from his pay for his brothers out of work, her sisters who needed help with babies.. they gave all the time of the God rich overflow ..not to be seen or remembered even.. but I remember them for they are IN ME their actions are my actions this day... going to see my son who to me is the shining example of a man of God.. he has gone through a transplant to his flesh body... seeming but his spiritual body of Christ has accecpted it in the Holy Ghost. and he never has complained in his life.. and is a man of God since birth, searching for the way to show how much God means to him. Now in a hospital bed people are stunned with his strength. and it comes from God and hsi belief in Him alone.. leading him upward to the Heart Light.. the joy of really living the Christly life.. A doctor asked me about him the other day and wanted to inow his secret. I told him GOD is his secret... his willingness to listen to God and not speak bad words, not drink, when he could have.. but only be a good SON..to his Father to give you , the doctor vision of your own miracle hands for God. Witnessing all this these weeks and years with Erick.. has been for me incredible as he stands strong in God. and now even more.. people love him for his humility.. and sweet manners. I rejoice in being able to witness more of this today.. God's will in a man so humble.. and filled with the Holy Ghost on Fire. xxx and you Cathy a servant all your life..showing these beautiful thoughts and prayers and ideas and photos to bring home the message of how much God loves each of us.. on our individual journeys to find Him... thank you humble for your holy work .. your life of Love of Our Father.. Merri

    ReplyDelete