Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Friday, June 2, 2017

Why Do You Call Me Lord?


"Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?" - Luke 6:46


We live on top of Catoctin Mountain, at 1000 feet, a foothill of the Appalachians--some of the oldest mountains on earth.  This is one of the rock outcroppings on our property but there is also an area nearby considered wetlands.  Today's Our Daily Bread is about Jesus's teaching concerning those who hear and obey His words.  They are like those who build their houses on rock as compared to those who do not build on a firm foundation.  Kirsten Holmberg writes, "On many occasions, I've been tempted to ignore my conscience when I knew God asked more of me than I had given, thinking my response had been 'close enough.'"  Even though we have a lot of bedrock on our property, if our house was built in the wetland area it would have all sorts of problems.

I am grateful that Jesus is my rock on whom I can depend.  All I need do is obey Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment