Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Monday, June 12, 2017

The Lord's Work


"Therefore, my dear brothers, be steadfast, unmovable, always excelling in the Lord's work, knowing that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."  -1 Corinthians 15:58


Sometimes we can feel we are not doing enough for the Lord, especially if we are not seeing any results.  This verse is comforting to me because it reminds me that nothing is wasted that I do for Him.

I've been gardening for years.  It is hard work at times to keep it watered, fertilized, weeded, and deadheaded.  I found myself getting discouraged at times because hardly anyone came to see it and those who did often did not notice all my hard work.  Then one day I realized Who I was tending my garden for--not visitors--not even myself.  I was tending it for the Lord, as His steward.  He'd blessed me with this piece of ground in which to express my creativity and tending it was my way of giving back to Him.

I understand now that it's really not so much what we do but who we do it for.  If we are doing it for ourselves--or even for others--we will need to see results or be appreciated for our efforts.  If we are doing it for the Lord, then anything we do can and will be used by Him to further His Kingdom.

I am grateful that nothing I do for the Lord is wasted.

3 comments:

  1. Your beautiful garden has blessed me every time I have visited your peaceful haven. I always feel closer to GOD and more at peace when I'm there. But most importantly, I love the conversations we share that I believe bring us both closer to our LORD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ❤️I love our conversations!

      Delete
    2. I do too! You always help me to put things in perspective to GOD's word.

      Delete