Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, June 29, 2017

Thoughts


"Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." -Colossians 3:2


This is Rodin's sculpture, The Thinker, at the Rodin Museum in Philadelphia.  The ability to think is what gets us into trouble more often than not it seems!  This is why Paul's admonition to think on things above is paramount.  Our ability to think is a God-given gift, but He intended us to use our minds for good.  Worry and fearful thinking lead us away from God.  Thinking critically of ourselves or others and unforgiving thoughts do nothing to serve the cause of Christ--LOVE.  Only by allowing our thoughts to dwell on all things Godly will we achieve this.  As they say, you can't stop a bird from landing on your head but you can stop it from building a nest there!

I am grateful that I have the ability to set my thoughts on God and all that He is so that I can walk in the path He has prepared for me where I can enjoy true peace and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment