Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Monday, July 17, 2017

Be Still


"Be still, and know that I am God."  -Psalm 46:10


We've placed chairs and benches throughout our woods on which to sit and be still, but the best "place" for me to be still is when I'm walking the paths in our woods picking up fallen twigs.  This activity actually frees my mind to listen to God.  I may start off thinking about something that is bothering me--which is my way of letting God know what I'm concerned about.  Soon I am distracted by a stick that needs picking up and I go into listening mode.  I will leave the woods with an answer or a new resolve to be patient.

I am grateful that when I still my own thoughts that God's come through.

No comments:

Post a Comment