Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Friday, July 28, 2017

God Hears Our Prayers


"In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation."  
-Psalm 5:3


Lilias Trotter wrote in her journal:  "I have found a corner in the Fortification Woods, only five minutes from the house, where one is quite shut in out of sight.....I go there nearly every morning with my Bible from 7:15 till 8:30.  It is so delicious on these hot spring mornings, and God rests one through it for the whole day, and speaks so through all living things.  Day after day something comes afresh."

I usually read my Bible and devotionals and write in my journal while sitting in bed in the morning.  In the past when my children were still at home I had to get up earlier than them to ensure this time. I'd sit in living room, on the front porch or in even my woods from time to time.  On vacation, especially if we are on the water (such as the Chesapeake Bay above), I love being outside so I can catch the sun coming up.  There is something about a sunrise that mirrors the majesty of God and the dawning of something new in me when I spend time contemplating Him.  The posts I have been doing on this blog this year have become an extension of my quiet-time with God.  I highly recommend writing down what God is showing you in scripture and through devotionals.  When I wait in expectation with pen in hand or my fingers on the keyboard, God always answers.

I am grateful I can always depend on God to respond to my requests.

1 comment: