Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Sunday, July 9, 2017

His Compassion Never Fails


"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."  -Lamentations 3:22-23



Lilias Trotter wrote in her journal:  "If it were only a matter of asking Him to repeat the miracles of the past, faith would have plenty of room. But He is not bound to reproduce.  He is the Creator--have we ever let our hearts and hopes go out to the glory of that Name?  Look at the tiny measure of creative power given to man, in music, poetry, art--where there is a spark of it, how it refuses to be fettered by repeating itself.  The history of His wonders in the past is a constant succession of new things, and He is not at the end of His resources yet."

I have experienced what Lilias is saying about not being able to repeat some creative moment.  I can come up with a pretty melody in my head but not be able to reproduce it when I can get to the piano to write the notes down.  The same with my drawings.  I practice drawing my Westie (above) but when it comes time to redraw a certain pose for my book that I'm illustrating I cannot reproduce it exactly!  My tiny measure of creative power refuses to be fettered by repeating itself, indeed!  How fortunate we are that God does not "rest on His laurels."  His mercies are new every morning....leading us onward and upward to Him!

I am grateful that God's compassion never fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment