Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Friday, August 18, 2017

Following the Good Shepherd


"Know that the LORD is God.  It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture." 
-Psalm 100:3

The New Testament also refers to people as sheep, and for good cause.  Too often people follow people or ideology or lifestyles that are persuasive but counter to what God wants for us.  When I took my granddaughter to see my neighbor's sheep, one ran over to the fence and soon the rest followed.  Another time I saw them out of their fenced-in area and Ken and I went over to try to get them back in.  When one ran in the opposite direction, they all followed.  Eventually one ran down the lane and entered through an open gate and the rest followed.  No doubt the flock followed the first sheep out of the pen to begin with.   Following is a good thing when what you follow is the LORD God.  We must remember we are the sheep of HIS pasture.  Following anything or anyone else can lead us astray.

I am grateful that my shepherd is Jesus Christ.

2 comments: