Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, August 24, 2017

More Than a Promise


"He has made everything beautiful in its time....."  
-Ecclesiastes 3:11a


Lilias Trotter wrote about the oranges in the garden below her abode, "All little miniature beginnings but all 'beautiful in their time,' like the dark green August oranges in the court below.  The fact that they have got thus far into being is more than a promise.  Like all the promises of God they are (given the conditions) an accomplishment begun.  His 'Yea' only waits our 'Amen.'"

I don't have oranges growing in my Mid-Atlantic garden but I do have figs.  I am still waiting for them to ripen.  All of us have abilities that need time to fully develop.  The key, as Lilias has pointed out, is that we must answer His call with an Amen--so be it.

I am grateful that I can count on God to bring me and my abilities to maturity when I place my trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment