Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Friday, August 25, 2017

No Doubts


"But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind." -James 1:6


In today's Our Daily Bread Linda Washington talks about how easily we can be lured away by our desires.  She writes, "Our desires work with temptation to lure us down a wrong path."  The other day I wrote about being lured into doing something wrong as a 10-year-old because I wanted to be accepted.  I was easily "tossed by the wind" of desire because I was not trusting God to provide a friend for me.  Thankfully, by the time I was 15 and started dating I was secure in my faith that God would provide someone to love me without compromising my virtues.  By believing and not doubting, a man was brought into my life for me to love and be loved by and who has been faithful to me for over 50 years now.  We celebrated 48 years of marriage earlier this year.

I am grateful that I can trust God to provide what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment