Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Dressing in Layers


"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."  -Colossians 3:12



I love all the seasons, but I don't like wearing bulky coats in winter.  My solution is to dress in layers. Since we set the thermostat at 68 degrees I wear stockings under my skirt, a long-sleeve, turtle-neck top and a sweater.  When I go out I add a warm, zip-up vest.  Over all this I just wear a warm cape-like shawl, gloves and fur-lined boots.

As Christians we are to clothe ourselves in the many "layers" of love:  compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.  These qualities will enable us to endure the harsh conditions we will find when we venture out.  But more importantly we will be a witness of God's love--something much needed in the world.

I am grateful for the warmth of God's love for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment