Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Empty Jars


"Elisha replied to her, 'How can I help you?  Tell me, what do you have in your house?'  'Your servant has nothing there at all,' she said, except a small jar of olive oil.'  Elisha said, 'Go around and ask all your neighbors for empty jars.  Don't ask for just a few.  Then go inside and shut the door behind you and your sons.  Pour oil into all the jars, and as each is filled, put it to one side." -2 Kings 4:2-4



I collected all my pottery jars for today's photo and was surprised by how many I had!  In today's Our Daily Bread the account of the widow and the olive oil is told by Kirsten Holmberg.  The widow feared her sons would be sold into slavery to pay her debts.  Elisha's instructions to start filling all those empty jars with oil from the one jar she had which she then sold, enabled her to pay off her debts.  Holmberg writes, "I am bankrupted by sin, but Jesus paid my debt--and offers me eternal life as well!"  When we trust God He provides the means of our salvation from the slavery of fear which   leads to everlasting death.

I am grateful for the everlasting life God offers me through Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment