Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Saturday, September 16, 2017

God's Peace


"In your anger do not sin:  Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry."  -Ephesians 4:26


We were heading home to our mountain in the distance when I tried to capture the sun going down behind it.  I don't normally keep out-of-focus photos, but I loved the color of the sky and was loathe to "trash" it.  I'm glad I didn't because it illustrates today's scripture very well.  Letting the sun go down on our anger distorts our relationships.

In today's Our Daily Bread Linda Washington talks about having a hard time confronting people when she feels she's been wronged.  She has a hard time, that is, until eventually she explodes in anger. Then she has no problem telling them what she feels!  She writes, "Providing a time limit on unresolved issues keeps anger in check.  Instead of stewing over a wrong, which is a breeding ground for bitterness, we can ask God for help to '[speak] the truth in love.' (Ephesians 4:15)"

Linda concludes, "Rather than hold it in, hold it up to God first.  He can fight the fire of anger with the power of His forgiveness and love."  Sometimes confronting, even immediately, does not keep the problem from continuing, but giving it over to God--totally--does.

I am grateful that when I humble myself and give everything to God I can rest in His Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment