Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Sunday, September 10, 2017

Letters From Home


"You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts."  -2 Corinthians 3:3



After I left home my mother and I wrote each other weekly for years before we started calling instead.  On one of my trips to visit her she handed me a bag full of my letters.  I read them all on our 2-day drive home.  It was very gratifying to revisit my life in that way.  I saved her letters as well--a real treasure now that she's been gone for 23 years.  I plan to write her life story one of these days, like I did my father's, and her letters will help in doing that a great deal.  I daresay I will gain a new perspective on my mother in rereading them after all these years.

God has given us His letter, the Bible, to communicate with us.  As we grow in our knowledge of Him and mature, each reading of scripture gives us a new perspective on who we are in Christ.

I am grateful for God's "letters" to me through His written word.

No comments:

Post a Comment