Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Friday, September 29, 2017

LORD Almighty King of Glory


"Lift up your heads, you gates; be lifted up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in.  Who is he, this King of glory?  The LORD Almighty--he is the King of glory."  -Psalm 24:9-10

Julie Ackerman Link wrote "100 Prayers Inspired by the Psalms."  Our Daily Bread has included several of these prayers which I would like to share here.....
When Wanting an Easier Life:  Lord Almighty, King of glory, I am ashamed to admit how often I call on Your name to ask You to make life easier for me in the natural world rather than to make me stronger in the spiritual world.  Keep me from thinking that Your name is a magic word I can use to invoke divine power for my own comfort and convenience; teach me instead that it is a holy word meant to unleash the power of truth and love against the forces of evil.  How is it, Lord, that demons know Your name is "Holy One" but I still call You health, wealth, and success?  How is it that evil spirits obey you, but I still try to get You to obey me?  Change my desire for earthly power and control into a longing for spiritual victory over selfishness and pride.  May the glory of Your presence be recognized in me.

I am grateful for people like Julie who seek to grow spiritually and share their journey.

2 comments:

  1. I tis always up to us to find God, but surely people who are seekers too, guide us on our mission.. and as a friend writes me at times, "Take what you want, and leave the rest." Spirituality is a powerful awakening, and it is humbling as yes we surely need to get rid of that ego self of the flesh... the : I want this, or I want that or I need more or want more" and fall on our knees and just LET.. the world LET is powerful in not only saying it, but feeling it. LET GOD DO IT as he surely has the ability to take total care of his children and his creation . If I come in with doubt, I hear him sayL: Really? I give you all these things and show you all these miracles daily and you still doubt me?" it is leveling for me to just LET HIM DO IT.. but when I DO the load is lifted from me, a load I never needed in the first place.

    ReplyDelete