Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Pleasing to God


"All these people were still living by faith when they died.  They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance, admitting that they were foreigners and strangers on earth."  
-Hebrews 11:13


There was a time when man would look up into the night sky and see things he did not understand.  He had a different sense of who he was in relation to the unknown.  Today we have scientific facts to answer many of our questions.  It leaves little room for faith.  But without faith it is impossible to please God.

There was a time in my life that I desperately wanted to fit in.  It led me to change churches every few years until I finally gave up on organized religion altogether.  I could not find one in my community that expressed their faith as I believed scripture expressed it.  That's not to say there is not value in belonging to a church.  Much is accomplished in the name of the Lord!  But I have to say I've grown deeper in my relationship with God by removing the temptation to fit in.  Like in today's scripture, I came to realize that I was a stranger and foreigner here on earth, which allowed me to seek God in a way that was natural to me.

I am grateful for my faith because it draws me closer to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment