Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Saturday, September 2, 2017

Safe Within the Fold


"'I myself will tend my sheep and have them lie down,' declared the Sovereign Lord.  'I will search for the lost and bring back the strays.  I will bind up the injured and strengthen the weak. . . I will shepherd the flock with justice.'"  -Ezekiel 34:15-16


Lilias Trotter writes:  "I must put down a dear little story told me by a friend this morning.  Her small niece, aged somewhere between three and four, was heard telling the parable of the lost sheep to a cousin a year or two older.  The finale was, 'So the Shepherd put back the lamb into the fold, and then He mended up the hole where it had got out.'  All of sanctification as well as salvation lay in the wisdom of those child-lips!"

I am grateful that I have the Shepherd to put me back into the fold and helps me keep from straying.

No comments:

Post a Comment