Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Watching and Waiting


"Take heed; watch; for you do not know when the time is." 
-Mark 13:33


My daughter-in-law took this photo of my 3-year-old granddaughter more than two hours before we were to arrive and texted me this message:  "Someone is waiting for you already."  In Mark 13 Jesus is on the Mount of Olives speaking to the crowds about the end times and his second coming.  He tells them to keep watch because no one, not even the angels nor the Son, will know the exact hour--only the Father.  He warns us that we do not want to be found "sleeping."  There will be signs to indicate that the time is nearing, however.  Each generation has thought His return was imminent based on those signs.  The danger then is that we will give up watching.  That is why we should not be trying to determine the exact time--it is not ours to figure out.

When we arrived our granddaughter was no longer at the door watching.  It was too much for such a little one to stand and wait at the door.  For us, however, mature Christians, we should not be found sleeping, i.e. apathetic and unaware, when Christ returns!  If we are busy doing the work of the Lord, we will be ready when the time comes.

I am grateful for God's reminders of things to come so that I might examine my heart and make corrections.

1 comment:

  1. OH gosh I remember this so well. I was at Willow House, my lovely old home on the lake in Virginia Mn.. and was in a state of really needing to TRUST GOD.. and saw this. and it reminded me that things come in GOD's TIME. and that is just what it is reminding me right now. THANK YOU CATHY for your constant awareness of God. in all you do. Blessings and continued watching for us.. Merri

    ReplyDelete