Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, October 19, 2017

Empty-Handed


"Your name, LORD, endures forever, your renown, LORD, through all generations.  For the LORD will vindicate his people and have compassion on his servants."  -Psalm 135:13-14


Julie Ackerman Link (100  Prayers Inspired by the Psalms) prays:

I know, Lord, that You did not come to make me strong enough to carry the weight of my sin; You came to carry it for me.  Forgive me for not releasing it to You.  Forgive me for hiding under the comfort of my guilt when You want me to thrive in the warmth of Your mercy and the light of Your love.  Forgive me for thinking that Your sacrifice is good enough to get me into heaven but powerless to make me a better person on this earth.  Please change my hatred into love, my contempt into compassion, and my unreasonable expectations into unselfish acts of mercy.  May I not be empty-handed when it is my turn to kneel at Your throne and place crowns at your feet.

We are to empty our hands of Self so that we can fill them with God's good gifts which we can then return to Him through our worship and service.

I am grateful for the lifting of my burdens.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, as my teacher Mark put it too" it is either Love or Hate" there is no middle ground.. compassion needed for the unbeliever, and the best way to show God forth is to shine for HIM and what he is doing for us.. we do not even need to speak aloud.. just with humlity and grace..show mercy and shine!!!

    ReplyDelete