Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Wednesday, October 4, 2017

God You Are My God


"Teach me to do thy will; For thou art my God:  Thy Spirit is good; Lead me in the land of uprightness."  -Psalm 143:10


As children we learn best by example.  Our parents are meant to show us how to live, but they do not always succeed because they never learned how themselves.  Only our Heavenly Father can show us the perfect way.

Julie Ackerman Link (100 Prayers Inspired by the Psalms) writes:

I admit, Lord, that my idea of the way things ought to work is for me to make choices and for You to bless them--in everything from the career I wanted to pursue to the spouse I wanted to marry.  I have been slow in learning that the 'what' and the 'who' are less important to You than the 'how' and the 'why.'  You are more interested in how I work than in what I do for a living; Your concern is that I become an honest and diligent worker, not that I pick a certain profession.  And you are more interested in how I treat my spouse than in whom I marry; Your concern is that I become the right kind of partner, not that I marry the 'right' person.  For it is not the work I do that will make my life meaningful; it is working in the way You say is right.  And it is not the person who is with me on life's journey that will bring me joy; it is treating with love and kindness the person I am with.  Oh, Lord, I am so glad You are my God, for I could never find the way without You.

I am grateful that ♪You God are my God♪.

3 comments: