Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Wednesday, October 18, 2017

His Transforming Power


"But God will redeem me from the realm of the dead; he will surely take me to himself." -Psalm 49:15






The photo on the left was the original kitchen of our house when it was built in 1952.  We bought the house from the second owners who replaced the cabinets and put in a dishwasher.  The photo on the right is what it looks like after I painted the cabinets, added the wallpaper, bought new appliances, and had new floors put down.  My kitchen has been transformed in such a way it's hard to recognize it as the same room!

Julie Ackerman Link (100 Prayers Inspired by the Psalms) prays about the transforming power of God:
Forgive me, Lord, for thinking that to do Your will I need anything more than what You have given--my own hands to extend the love and kindness You want to give, my own feet to take me where You want to go, and my own story of redemption to explain Your will for the world.  Forgive me for waiting for better circumstances, more talent, more time, or a bigger budget.  Forgive me for trying to manipulate circumstances to accomplish my will rather than Yours.  I am grateful that You are redeeming me from the foolish way of the world, and I want my life to be evidence of Your transforming power. May I live every day in the awareness that I have everything I need to accomplish whatever You want me to do, and may I take advantage of every situation I am in to lift up the name of Jesus.
When Jesus transforms us we become unrecognizable to the foolish way of the world.

I am grateful for the Holy Spirit's transforming power.

2 comments: