Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Signs and Wonders


"[The LORD says:]  I have heard your prayer and seen your tears...."  -Isaiah 38:5




In today's Our Daily Bread Poh Fang Chia tells us about Hezekiah's prayer for healing and the sign God gave him that the prayer would be answered.  Years ago I'd organized a baby shower for a high school girl in our church who'd become pregnant out of wedlock.   Back then it was still a stigma to be pregnant and unwed.  No one else had stepped forward so I saw it as a way to minister to her.  A few days after the shower I was taking my 5-year-old to his bus stop.  We'd always wait at the bottom of our driveway for a neighbor girl to join us before walking down to the corner.  This day she handed me a violet she'd picked along the way.  After I put Jonathan and Abby on the bus I stopped to get our mail and found a thank-you note from the girl I'd given the baby shower for.  On the note was a painting of a violet.  In my heart I felt the violet Abby had given me was God's way of thanking me, too.

I am grateful for the signs and wonders God gives us even though He doesn't have to.

4 comments:

  1. What a blessing that must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful kind of like the sign God gave me with my month lost earring.. and I never gave up hope on finding it.. though odds were huge..... and looked each time in the parking lot for it saying to God, " I know you will bring it to me as a sign of healing " and He did just that.. one month after cars drove on it, rain rained on it and all. there is sparkled once again. I love your story of the LOVE of God giving us signs and wonders all the time. SO HEART HEALING is this story of Love.. thank you.. Merri

    ReplyDelete