Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Monday, October 2, 2017

Trust and Obey


"...Christ Jesus who died--more than that, who was raised to life--is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us."  -Romans 8:34b


I took this photo through the window of the display in the National Civil War Medical Museum.  Prayer has been a part of every true believer's life from the beginning.  Praying for others comes naturally to those who themselves have been saved by God's grace.  I was led to start a prayer group many years ago at the church I was a part of and during that time I read many books on the subject of prayer.  There were many how-to books, but in the end I realized that prayer comes down to pouring one's heart out to God, listening, and then responding.  If you do not feel your prayers are being answered, then you have neglected the listening and responding part.  To know that Christ Himself intercedes for us should lay to rest any doubt about the power of prayer.

I am grateful that God hears my prayers and responds when I trust and obey Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment