Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Sunday, October 1, 2017

When Discouraged


"But You have saved us from our adversaries, And You have put to shame those who hate us."  -Psalm 44:7



Julie Ackerman Link (100 Prayers Inspired by the Psalms):  When Discouraged About Evil (Psalms 44:1-8)

Thank You, Lord, that the forces of evil, which have taken center stage in this world, are only a small part of the real drama.  Forgive me for judging the entire performance by one short scene.  Thank You for the past, which shows me the work You have done; for the present, which gives me a chance to participate in the work You are still doing; and for the future, which will reveal the work You have accomplished.  When I become discouraged about the evil that is so visible, remind me of the heavenly forces working behind the scenes to bring about Your plan for the ages.
I am grateful that when I start to feel discouraged I need only be reminded by all the God-created beauty on earth that He is still at work behind the scene.  

No comments:

Post a Comment