Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Friday, August 21, 2015

Discipline Your Children



My first-born was a strong-willed handful.  Finding a discipline that worked with him was a real challenge.  When he was still a toddler I worried what kind of parenting challenges he'd present when he became a teenager.  I envisioned all sorts of rebellion.  Thankfully, the worst was he wore his hair a little longer than I thought he should, but a wise friend told me to choose my battles so I never made an issue of it.  I'm very happy to report that not only did this child not disgrace me, he went on to "make me proud."  Because he was such a handful I was in constant prayer for help.  I know that God led me to the resources I needed and gave me patience I did not possess on my own.  Proper discipline is a team effort!