Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Don't Squander Money



I've just spent 3 days weeding my various gardens.  The one above is beautiful when the hostas are in bloom, but this time of year the flowers are spent and the stems must be cut off.  The leaves have started to turn brown because of the heat and lack of rain and so they must be snipped off, too, if I want my garden to look tidy.  The deer have helped with this task as they come do their own snipping during the night--only they eat the green ones and leave the brown ones for me!  I say all this to illustrate today's message.  The only reason I believe I have an abundance of land on which to garden is because of my willingness to take care of it.  I do not squander what has been given to me, so I have been given more.  Of course, another lesson is be careful for what you wish for!  Hard work often comes along with it.