Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Tuesday, September 20, 2016

St. Francis of Assisi - September 20

Sister Lark

"Sister Lark has a hood like a religious and is a humble bird who gladly goes in search of any little grain, and even if she finds something in the garbage, she picks it out and eats it.  In flight she sweetly praises God like good religious who, detached from worldly things, turn ever toward heaven and who long only to praise God.  The lark's garb, her plumage, is the color of the earth.  Thus she offers religious an example of how not to wear elegant, flashy clothes, but moderately priced things, of the color of earth, the humblest of the elements."  --Mirror of Perfection, 113

I do not think I shall heed Francis's admonition to wear only the color of earth because the colors I find in flowers and sunrises and sunsets and oceans lead me into praise of His glory found in His creation!  While I shall always keep in mind that my flesh is made from the earth my soul is made in His image.


1 comment:

  1. I agree about colors! GOD made the "BROTHERS' SKY & OCEAN" the color blue, "SISTERS' SUN & DAFFODILS", the color yellow, and so many other thoughts of colors that bring to my mind. The vibrant shades of Autumn as the turning of the leaves is comparable to our Florida sunsets!

    ReplyDelete