Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Sunday, October 16, 2016

St. Francis of Assisi - October 16

His Last Illness

"Brothers and my dearest sons, do not let my illness become a burden to you.  God, in his love for me his servant, will repay you in this life and in the next, giving you the fruit of those works you cannot now attend to, because you are preoccupied with caring for me.  You would not receive any greater recompense than had you done those works yourselves; for in helping me, you helped the whole Order and the very life of the brothers.  You can even say to me, 'We are spending a lot on your account, and the Lord will be in our debt because of you.'"  --Mirror of Perfection, 89

When you lend a hand to another you have no idea how many others you are actually helping by your generosity.  When I was caring for my ill mother in my home, occasionally someone would come in to look after her.  This allowed my family to go on vacation or even just out for the day.  The blessing to me extended to my children and husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment