Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Saturday, April 2, 2016

St. Francis of Assisi - April 2


The Contemplative or the Active Life?

"On one occasion St. Francis said to the brothers who were closest to him:  'What do you think?  Should I give my time to prayer or should I go about preaching?  I am a poor little simple one with no skill in speaking; I have received the gift of prayer rather than that of preaching.  Besides, in prayer we acquire graces while in preaching we deal out the graces we've received.  In prayer we purify the desires of our hearts and enter into union with the one, true, and supreme Good, and we grow in virtue.  In preaching, on the other hand, the dust of distraction and relaxed discipline enters the soul.'" --St. Bonaventure, Major Life, 12:1

God always needs those who will be about the business of prayer because much of His work here on earth is accomplished through prayer.   It is a solitary gift that is suited to some better than others.




2 comments:

  1. Hi I have missed you...I no longer get your blog have to go find it....new computer lost the linkt o it. Thank youf or this message on the power of prayer and need for payers....and pray-ers.....Much love, merri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering where you went 😊 I'm glad you've gotten your computer issues resolved.

      Delete