Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Friday, March 13, 2015

Do Not Covet



Exodus 20:17 was written to me....about this cabin.... which belongs to my neighbor.  I had this wild dream that once my children grew up, I could buy this cabin, move next door, and one of my sons could move into our old house.  Then my grandchildren could just walk through the little woods to my house.  Perfect, right?  Well, my neighbor has no plans to sell and none of my sons are interested in living in the house they grew up in.  In the meantime, it was difficult for me to be a true friend to my neighbor because I felt guilty for coveting her house.  Thankfully, God has brought me to my senses and I no longer covet her house.  This has enabled me to restore our friendship, for which I'm grateful.  Being content with my own house has its own reward!