Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Worship The Lord



In this little scene, the mice are honoring the Queen of England because of her position over the Realm.  An old definition of worship is "honor given to someone in recognition of their merit."  For me, worshipping God is easy because He merits my respect.  In thinking about it I realize I equate love with respect.  If I can't respect someone, I have a hard time loving them.  In thinking further about that, I realized I don't always give God a reason to respect me, but He continues to love me anyway.  That is because He is a compassionate and merciful God.  The next time I have a hard time loving someone I need to remind myself God has shown me mercy.  I am enabled to love because He loved me first.  His mercy should flow through me to others--that is Love.