Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Monday, March 30, 2015

Say The Word

Whenever I read Mark 11:23 I am reminded just how small my faith is.  If Jesus says if I believe in my heart that I can say to a mountain, "throw yourself into the sea," such as these in the Blue Ridge, and have them obey my command, I should be able to, right?  Yet, I doubt mightily in my heart that such a thing could happen.  But that does not mean there aren't other things I could pray into being if I truly believe.  Every time I change my mind about something for the better, it is a prayer for change in my life that God will honor.  I think Jesus was merely using the mountain scenario to show us, by comparison, how He was full of the Holy Spirit with all the attending powers, and we aren't because we limit ourselves.  He tells us we will receive the Spirit when He goes to be with the Father, if we believe in Him.  How much we let Him work in and through us will depend on how much we surrender our own will (ego) and let Him live in us fully.  If the disciples had the power to heal the sick and perform miracles, why is it we don't believe we can?  Perhaps God does not need us to perform mighty miracles in this day and age, but that does not mean we should close our hearts to them.  I should always be available to the work of the Holy Spirit in and through me in whatever way He deems fit.