Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Friday, June 12, 2015

Don't Underestimate Youth



When my youngest was three he was with me as I browsed through a Christian bookstore that carried Catholic crucifixes.  We being Protestants he'd never seen one before--only the empty cross.  As I glanced over at him to see what he was getting into I was not prepared to see a horrified look on his little face.  Then I noticed he was holding one of the crosses with the crucified Christ.  At that moment his reaction made me realize how dulled I'd become to the suffering Jesus went through on the cross.  I must never take for granted what Jesus went through for me.  Jesus told us we must come to Him like a child......innocent and open-hearted as my little son had that day.