Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Wednesday, August 3, 2016

St. Francis of Assisi - August 3

When Are We God's Servants?

"I prayed that God would deign to show me when it is I am his servant and when not, for I want nothing else but to be his servant.  And the Lord answered most graciously:  'Know that you are truly my servant when you think, do, and say what is holy.'"  --Mirror of Perfection, 74

Because Francis was already totally given over to the Lord that was all he needed to hear.  I would add to that, for those of us who still struggle with total surrender to God, the test of Love.  Is what I do for God out of love for Him or for what I might gain?


No comments:

Post a Comment