Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Friday, July 10, 2015

Father Knows Best



I've had my new car for a year now.  I loved my mini-van which I'd had for 15 years and would never have gotten a new car by choice.  The way it came about was the mini-van broke down while we were on vacation driving through Massachusetts.  Looking back now, I'm so glad it broke down then and not when it might have over this past year.  Yes, we were far from home, but it worked out that we were able to be towed to a dealer just before they closed on a Friday night whose Service Department would be open on Saturday.  To top it off, they loaned us, free of charge, a car we could use to finish the drive to my  brother's in Connecticut where we'd planned to spend the night.  It also enabled me to continue on the next day to the day-long event I'd come up to attend in Connecticut.  The mini-van was repaired on Saturday and Ken was able to drive back to Massachusetts to pick it up.  We were able to head home on Sunday as planned.  My Father does know best!