Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Friday, July 31, 2015

Do Not Steal



This Black snake has found the bird's nest in the vines along our drain pipe and is stealing the eggs.  I think the "thought" behind stealing, whether man or beast, is, "I'm entitled to this."  For animals, this may be true, but for man, we are capable of earning wages so we can pay for what we need/want.  I think it is important to know the motive behind stealing because while you may not shoplift or break into someone's house and take something that does not belong to you, you may be tempted to not correct the clerk when she undercharges you or gives you too much change.  I know the times I've been tempted by or have even succumbed to this, it's because I felt I was entitled to a lower price or my time was too valuable to wait for a correction to be made.  Neither of these reasons are valid.  This is something we should think about when we condemn others for stealing.