Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, March 10, 2016

St. Francis of Assisi - March 10

The Dream of Brother Pacifico

"The first minister provincial of the brothers in France was Brother Pacifico.  He was a companion of St. Francis, and was sent by him to establish the Order in France.  One day he dreamed that he was taken up into paradise.  He saw there many thrones, all occupied, and, higher than they, a more impressive throne which was unoccupied.  When he asked whose throne it might be, he was told it was reserved for St. Francis.  Sometime later he asked St. Francis how he saw himself and what he thought of himself.  He answered:  'I think that I am the greatest sinner in the world.  Yes, without question, that is how I see myself.'  Pacifico protested:  'How can you say that?  What about all the thieves, fornicators, and murderers in the world?'  But St. Francis insisted:  'Listen.  There is no man or woman in the world who would not be more pleasing to God than I am, had God bestowed on them the many great graces he's given me.  And that is why I consider myself the worst of sinners."  --From a sermon of St. Bonaventure, October 4, 1262

Why do you think what St. Francis believed made him feel like the worst sinner?  "There is no man or woman in the world who would not be more pleasing to God than I am, had God bestowed on them the many great graces he's given me."

No comments:

Post a Comment