Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Friday, March 4, 2016

St. Francis of Assisi - March 4

St. Francis and Sacred Scripture

"It is good to read the testimony of the Scriptures, and it is good to seek out the Lord our God in them.  But for me, I have already made so much of Sacred Scripture my own that I have more than enough for my meditation and reflection.  I have need of nothing more.  I know Christ, the poor crucified one."  --Celano, Second Life, 105

In the late 1980s I used the One Year Bible to read through the Bible.  Even though my comprehension was no where near 100% I felt it was stored in my mind where the Holy Spirit could draw upon it.  This is what I feel enabled me to write the daily devotional in 2003 that I called Freedom in Christ.  I'd quote from one of the daily devotionals I was reading at the time and write a response to it.  The scriptures I included at the end came to me as a single word or a few words.  I then went to a concordance to find the reference which I looked up in order to complete the verse.  I had no doubt I was led to these scriptures by the Holy Spirit using the scriptures that had been implanted in my mind that year I read through the Bible.  Even though I may not consciously know all of scripture, it is hid in my heart to be drawn upon to bring me comfort and direction.


1 comment:

  1. I too truly believe that the Holy Spirit gives us the words to say and/or write in order to gather more souls to HIS Kingdom! You are a blessing to many Sis!

    ReplyDelete