Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, March 3, 2016

St. Francis of Assisi - March 3

Exhortation on the Fragrant Words of Jesus

"I, Brother Francis, the lesser one among you and your servant:  With the desire to kiss your feet, I pray and beseech you, in the charity which God is, that you receive with humility and with the love they deserve the fragrant words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and use them well and observe them perfectly . . .And all those men and women who receive them with goodness and ponder them and send copies to others, and then persevere in them to the end, may the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit bless them.  Amen."   --Letter to All the Faithful, Second Version

In 2 Corinthians 2:15 Paul tells us, "For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those  who are being saved and those who are perishing."  Last week we had a very warm day so I worked out in the yard.  As I was walking past a stand of trees I caught the lovely scent of flowers.  But there were no flowers yet on the trees or bushes.  Where could it be coming from?  Was it just my imagination because of my strong desire for Spring?  This is a good reminder to me that I can be a pleasing aroma to God and to others even when all around me lies dormant because Christ, the Word, is in me.


No comments:

Post a Comment