Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Saturday, March 5, 2016

St. Francis of Assisi - March 5

What God Has Done for Us

"When he was asked why he went about the countryside weeping, St. Francis said, 'I should travel through all the world and, without any false shame, cry and moan over the passion of my Lord!'"  --Legend of Perugia, 37

The passion (suffering) that Christ endured brought Francis to weeping.  I find it terribly difficult to view photographs depicting Jesus' crucifixion.  But it is a good reminder what Jesus, the man, suffered for me, and the degradation that Christ, the Spirit, endured.  When my youngest was three we were in a Catholic bookstore.  While I was absorbed in browsing he'd picked up a crucifix. Having never seen Christ on the cross (he'd only seen the Protestant cross which is always empty to symbolize Christ has been resurrected) he was horrified.  I'll never forget that look on his face.  I imagine this is what St. Francis experienced every day.

2 comments:

  1. I saw the movie Risen a few weeks ago & felt such hope & joy for an eternal home with GOD. I also loved the movie Heaven Is For Real and any other type of true story movies. Their testimony gives me joy for what I have to look forward to in the second coming. Thank you for all of the inspiring posts you share.!

    ReplyDelete