Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Saturday, September 9, 2017

Seeing God


""Jesus answered: 'Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time?  Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father.  How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?'" -John 14:9



Earlier this year some friends and I got together to cut out material that would be used to make shoes for children in Africa where a parasite burrows into their bare feet and causes infection.  The organization that runs this project is called Sole Hope.  You can read about our get-together HERE and get more information about the project.

In today's Our Daily Bread David Roper recounts a story about the time Art Linkletter told a little boy who was drawing a picture of God, "Nobody knows what God looks like."  The child responded quite innocently, "They will when I get through!"

Jesus went on to say to Philip, "Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves.  Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father." (v. 11-12)  God gives us evidence that He is with us every time someone loves unconditionally--every time we do something for another without expecting something in return--every time a sacrifice is made for the good of another.  In essence, it's any act of selfless love.

I am grateful for those in whom I can see God.


No comments:

Post a Comment