Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Friday, September 1, 2017

Never Alone


"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.'" -Hebrews 13:5


We are fortunate to live in a neighborhood that the only natural disaster we've experienced is downed trees on power lines due to high winds or ice storms.  Growing up I was close enough to a tornado to hear it and we had a house fire, but only my father was at home so I did not have to go through getting out of a smoke-filled house in the middle of the night as he had to.  Because it was a rental we lived in an apartment until my mother found us a new place to live.  This move along with several others were traumatic to me as a child.

Every day people are being uprooted from their homes due to natural disasters and violence.  This is a part of human existence but it isn't something we have to suffer alone without help.  God provides others to see us through, but most of all He is there for us, comforting us like no one else can.

I am grateful that I am never alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment