Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Monday, September 4, 2017

The Glory of the Lord


"Let the trees of the forest sing, let them sing for joy before the LORD, for he comes to judge the earth."  
-1 Chronicles 16:33


I love this "mini-forest" on our property.  It was intended to be a temporary bed of saplings sent from the Arbor Day Foundation whenever we donated to them.  The trees were going to be transplanted to a permanent location, but as you see, their temporary home became their permanent home.

Each season holds beauty in it--the quiet of winter when there are no leaves for the wind to stir--the new life of spring as the leaves emerge--and the new growth of summer as the trees reach for the heavens.  But Autumn is when "the trees of the forest sing" the glory of the Lord for me.  The vibrancy of their colors "tunes my heart" to sing praise to God for Christ who was sent to take my judgment upon himself.

I am grateful for the seasons in my life that show God in all His Glory reminding me of all He has done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment