Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Tuesday, February 16, 2016

St. Francis of Assisi - February 16

Choosing Holy Poverty



"Never am I so ashamed than when I find someone more miserably poor than I, for I've chosen Holy Poverty for my lady, my delight, my spiritual and material treasure."   --Mirror of Perfection, 17



The author of this quote is not attributed--just that it came from Mirror of Perfection which is dated 1317/18.  Francis had set a very high standard for his brothers so I'm not surprised that those after him would feel they could never measure up.  This is a good reminder that we should look to Christ, not His followers because He may very well have us follow a different path that leads to Him.



2 comments:

  1. Yes...a " different path" love that concept..our individual identity in Christ!--Merri

    ReplyDelete