Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Saturday, February 14, 2015

Do Not Gossip

Proverbs 11:13


When we were digging up our lawn to lay pea gravel our neighbor's hens visited often to poke through the dirt looking for grubs, which were in abundance.  I'd hear them coming because of the sounds they make.  To me it sounds like a bunch of ladies gossiping.  To stand up for my own gender I will point out men can be just as guilty when it comes to gossiping!  But that doesn't make it OK, does it ladies.  We know when we've crossed the line of genuinely expressing concern for someone to saying things that the person we're talking to really doesn't need to know in order to pray for that person.  I've always liked the test for sharing information about another:  Is it true?  Is it kind?  Is it necessary?  I wish this test would be applied to newspaper and TV accounts of public figures' lives.  But since I can't do anything about that, I can be sure that I don't pass it on.