Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Saturday, February 28, 2015

Save Me, Jesus

Romans 10:9-10


The Romans passage says, "With the heart a person believes....and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation."  Down through the ages the heart ♡ has been used to symbolize the place where God resides in us.  The heart-shaped pretzel is thought to have been created by a monk in the 7th century to symbolize the crossed arms of a child in prayer and was given out as a reward to the children who had memorized their prayers.  The three holes some say represent the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  Still others declare that the knot in the middle symbolizes marriage.  The next time I eat a pretzel I will think about how believing in my heart and confessing with my mouth that Jesus is Lord saves me.  My belief ties the knot in my re-union with God.