Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Relying on God


"Indeed, we felt we had received the sentence of death.  But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead."  2 Corinthians 1:9

When my daffodils came up this year at the beginning of March, much earlier than usual, I was not surprised because we'd had such a mild winter.  But when we got snow on the 10th I felt like they'd received the "sentence of death" before they even got a chance to bloom.  In today's scripture Paul realizes that the trials and tribulations he faced were meant to teach him to rely on God rather than himself or others.  I have learned this lesson, too, but there are times I still will fret about something until God reminds through His Word or through His Spirit in me that my fretting is a sure sign I've switched to relying on myself.  When one relies only on oneself fretting is natural.  We have good reason to fret when we are our only hope!  But with God anything is possible. . . .


I am grateful that I can rely on God who raises the dead.

1 comment:

  1. " Allow God to do the impossible!" allow , a powerful word and action. It is the action that brings the results for me, for when I get MErri out of the way. God so clearly is and always has been unfolding my perfect path all the time. I just have been blinded by my own self will, pride and expectations. EXPECT nothing in mortal minds folly field, but wow. Spirit always DELIVERS powerfully.... Love the snow on Daffodils might write a poem about that concept. LOVE , and thank you for your wisdom as always,Do all for the glory of God! Merri

    ReplyDelete