Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Saturday, June 10, 2017

Pure and Sweet


"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me."  -Psalm 51:10


Lilias Trotter wrote about a time she spent alone with her friend, Aissha:  "Her soul was clouded and I could get no response heavenward.  She was preparing to go, winding her coarse white haik round her.  I could only call silently on God for some touch.  Then her eyes rested on a vase of flowers on the table--celandines from the lanes, and cream and gold jonquils from the fields.  I said 'How pure they are--that is the purity that God wants.'  She looked up with her face soft and shining, 'Yes, I should like the life of Jesus in me to be like that.'  'Yes,' I answered, 'they came pure and sweet out of the black muddy earth, without a soil on them.  Shall we pray that you may be like them?'  Her head went down on my shoulder and 'Amen' broke out as I prayed.  May He grant it!"

I am grateful that in Christ I can be pure and sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment